The hormonal changes you experience during your menstrual cycle can cause a number of skin problems. During menstruation cycle, changes in the levels of hormones- estrogen and progesterone occur which are responsible for different skin appearances and mood swings among women.
At certain times, the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone in your blood rise and fall, in accordance with your menstrual cycle. Well, there are some things we can do to help make that time easier on our skin. Keep reading below for seven easy skin care tips for you period!
The Most Effective Skin Care Tips for Period
- During periods use a serum, foundation and moisturizer that contain light reflecting particles.
- Another skin care tip to remember while you’re on your period is to use gentle skin care products. Your skin is more sensitive and can appear splotchy, puffy or washed out. Use calming skin care products with anti-inflammatory effects to soothe your skin and even things out.
- Don’t go for facials if your skin is sensitive, use simple skin regimen which comprises of sunscreen, moisturizer, mild cleanser and a good acne treatment product. There is no need of extra cleansing as it may strip off the natural sebum of your skin.
- You can take help of concealers during your menstruation cycle indeed they are your best friends. Pick a concealer which comprises of Salicylic Acid or Sulphur, it plays a vital role in unclogging skin pores.
- Using products containing salicylic acid can help gently remove excess skin, help prevent pores from clogging and help in the treatment of rosacea and acne, namely blackheads.
If you have persistent skin care problems despite taking good care of your skin, be sure to consult a healthcare professional. Do you have any skin care tips for when you’re on your period?