In today’s world, where everybody is getting conscious about looking good, it has become all the more necessary to keep oneself in shape. Well, if you have a good figure, not only it enables you to flaunt your body, but also it helps in boosting your confidence level. For some people, obesity becomes a serious cause of concern, thus affecting their mental fitness.
There are several reasons why some people are overweight. It is interesting to know that your metabolism rate has a major impact on your weight loss program. People with low metabolism have a hard time in losing weight because owing to their slow metabolism, fat gets stored in their bodies. While, there are some persons, who suffer from the problem of hormonal imbalance. But one of the major causes of obesity in people is their unhealthy eating habits and inadequate exercising.
Easy and Fast Weight Loss Tips
- Make water your favorite drink. A person must have a minimum of 8 glasses of water in a day. Avoid taking soft drinks or carbonated beverages; moreover replace them with water. Water helps in reducing weight in the most effective manner.
- Don’t stuff yourself with food in a single sitting; instead have 5 to 6 small meals or snacks in a day. Eating several small meals helps the body to release less insulin, which keeps blood sugar steady and helps to control hunger.
- Make a habit of walking. Instead of driving car to the nearby market, prefer walking down. Walking is more important for people in sedentary jobs. Walk for at least 45 minutes every day; it helps in burning extra calories.
- Keep small plates for serving food because a study shows that the less food put in front of us, the less food we’ll eat. So downsize your food plates and coffee mugs, and say goodbye to those extra calories.
- Eat more vegetables during meals as water-rich foods like zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers reduce your overall calorie consumption. Some other water-rich foods include soups and salads; they are good source of nutrition.
- Use vegetables to make hefty meals. Like pasta salad loaded with vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes can be eaten twice. Same applies for stir-fries; add vegetables to make a fluffier omelet.
- Avoid taking white foods as they contain large amounts of carbohydrates, which may further lead to weight gain. Replace white sugar, white rice, and white flour with whole grain breads and brown rice.
- Switch to ordinary coffee because coffee drinks at shops has extra calories, owing to whole milk, whipped cream, sugar, and sugary syrups. A cup of regular coffee, having skim milk brewed with good beans, tastes great and moreover has fewer calories.
- Use skimmed milk as it is high in calcium and low in calories. For coffee, use nonfat powdered milk.
- Prefer eating cereal for breakfast five days a week. Following this, you will consume more fiber and calcium, and less fat than those who eat other breakfast foods.
- Prefer having meals at home. We’re more likely to eat more – in fact, more high-fat, and high-calorie foods- when we eat out than eating at home.
- Try to eat slowly and put your fork or spoon down after every bite. Drink water often and talk about your day with your partner. If you eat slowly, you would feel contended with your meal.
- Eat only when your stomach wants food. Usually out of boredom, nervousness, habit, or frustration; many of us unnecessarily have food. If you want to have something specific, it’s probably a craving, not hunger.
- Prefer flavorings like hot sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings rather than butter and creamy or sugary sauces. These flavorings not only provide flavor with no fat and few calories, but the spicy ones also turn up digestive fires, causing your body to burn more calories.
- Eat fruit rather than drinking fruit juice. Eating whole foods will keep you satisfied for longer period of time than juice. Moreover, fruit juices are very high in calories.
- Eat equal portions of vegetables and grains at dinner. A cup of cooked rice or pasta has about 200 calories, while a cup of cooked veggies has just 50 calories. This will help to avoid a grain calorie overload, and high-fiber veggies will help satisfying your hunger.
- After every two hours, get up and walk around the office or your home for five minutes. A brisk five-minute walk after every two hours will you’re your body active.
- Once a week, make a habit of washing something thoroughly – could be floor, windows, shower cabin, bathroom tiles, car, etc. It helps in burning out about four calories for every minute spent in cleaning.
- Take a walk before dinner and it’ll not only burn calories, but also cut down your appetite.
- Prefer not eating with a large group as we tend to eat more when we eat with other people, probably because we spend more time at the table. When eating in groups take a note of time and leave the plate, as and when you have had enough.
- Skip watching TV for an hour and go for a walk instead. Or else, you have now time to finish your domestic chores.
- Take most of the calories before noon because studies tell that the more you eat in the morning, the less you’ll eat in the evening. Moreover, you will get more chances to burn off those early-day calories than late-night calories.
- Order alcohol by the glass, not the bottle. This way, you’ll be more aware of how much alcohol you’re intaking. Alcohol is high in calories, however moderate drinking can be good for your health.
- Stock your refrigerator with low-fat yogurt. Cut down 500 calories a day from your diet and eat yogurt three times a day for 12 weeks. It will help you lose more weight and body fat.
People who want to loose weight fast do a lot of mistakes in the process. Some of the common mistakes were outlined in this article. What are the most important rapid weight loss tips is to follow a diet that is healthy and personalized for your own needs and to combine the diet with physical activity and regular exercise.