A lot is made out of losing weight with a plethora of programs available that make weight loss sound like a degree in medical sciences. As a matter of fact, you do not need to complicate things by memorizing names of proteins, carbs, fats and so on; instead, you can clearly lay out a strategy of what and how much you eat. Once you have this planned, you are on course to losing weight safely.
We are what we eat, and veracity of this statement can be checked by analysing eating habits of different people. People, who eat a lot of cheesy and greasy foods, have body shapes that are, well, cheesy and greasy. Apart from what you eat, you must decide, how much you eat. When you embark on a weight loss mission, suddenly reducing your food intake to very low levels can be disastrous. On an average, you must target reduction of one pound per week. Do not be swayed by claims of losing 20 kg in twenty days. This can be achieved only if fat is sucked out of your body.
If you want to lose weight safely there’s no doubt that you’re looking for a permanent solution to put your excess weight behind you and begin living a more healthier life. The reasons for your overweight probably comes from a combination of eating too much, eating the wrong foods and not using your body enough.
Best Ways To Lose Weight Safely:
- A possible diet: Breakfast: toast with your favorite spread, banana, coffee; Snack: apple, carrot; Lunch: whole-grain sandwich with chicken or ham, cheese, salad vegetables, 97% fat free mayo, tomato sauce (don’t make that face, tomato sauce is really nice with mayo!), salt and pepper; Snack: handful of nuts (not too many), coffee and/or natural yogurt with berries(will need a little sugar, depending on the yogurt); Dinner: lean meat, vegetables or pasta with tomato-based sauce or vegetable/minestrone soup with fresh bread.
- Important: you should never be hungry. if you are, you’re not eating enough or you need to start eating proper food. include more fiber into your diet and eat small meals regularly.
- Also Important: You will not lose weight effectively and permanently, and you will not maintain your weight-loss if you don’t exercise regularly. This means almost every day for at least 30 minutes. No excuses, just do it.
- Another possible diet: a bowl of Special K cereal for breakfast, a jelly sandwich with trans-fat free bread and an apple for lunch, salmon and green-beans for dinner. Snacks can include carrots, celery or a banana.
- Find snacks that you love that are healthy, such as fresh fruit, raw vegetables, low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese, and be sure to stock them in your pantry. Limit yourself to two snacks each day. If you crave more than two snacks, chomp on a piece of gum for a few hours.
- Don’t shop when you are hungry. Have a healthy snack and a glass of water before heading to the grocery store.
- Add good fats to your diet. Monounsaturated fats have been clinically proven to help you burn fat, especially in your midsection. So, add foods like avocados, kalamata olives, walnuts, and flaxseed to your diet.
- Increase your daily fibre intake. Pick whole meal bread, and whole grains (bulgar wheat, quinoa).
- Try a daily walk. It is a great exercise for weight loss. You can go at your own pace. If you walk with a friend it is mentally uplifting to chat and support each other.
- Add strength training to your exercise plan to build lean muscle. While aerobic exercise (like walking) helps burn calories, anaerobic (or strength-building) exercise can help boost your metabolism.
- Add one or two extra vegetables to your evening meal that you would usually not eat. Try new recipes with unfamiliar ingredients to keep your eating plan interesting and fun.
- Use non stick cookware or barbeque to limit oils and fats.
- Go crazy with herbs and strong flavors to make your meals very tasty and satisfying potentially you’ll eat less.
- Clear up left-overs before sitting down to avoid second helpings.
- Drink lots of water: about 2 litres/day (approx. 64 oz). Drink a glass of water about 20 minutes before dinner to help you feel full.
- You should see a health professional before undertaking any diet or exercise plans.
- There is no safe way to lose weight fast. You should aim for lifestyle changes that support better eating and add some exercise that is suited to you personally, as prescribed by your doctor. Gradual weight loss is better and also tends to be longer lasting in most people.
- Do not resort to starving yourself. It can lead to other health problems and you can end up gaining weight in the long run from trying it.