Apple cider vinegar and weight loss health benefits have been utilized for centuries. This completely natural way to shed pounds is a tried and true home remedy used throughout the world.
Apple cider vinegar made from the double fermentation of whole apples should be used, and it should not be distilled, filtered or pasteurized as these extra processing steps destroy many of the vitamins, nutrients and fermentation products that are thought to be important elements in apple cider vinegar’s health benefits and weight loss properties.
Most health food stores will carry several brands of apple cider vinegar that will meet all the above mentioned criteria.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Vinegar is a product of fermentation. This is a process in which sugars in a food are broken down by bacteria and yeast. In the first stage of fermentation, the sugars are turned into alcohol. Then, if the alcohol ferments further, you get vinegar. The word comes from the French, meaning “sour wine.” While vinegar can be made from all sorts of things like many fruits, vegetables, and grains apple cider vinegar comes from pulverized apples.
The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar, or any vinegar, is acetic acid. However, vinegars also have other acids, vitamins, mineral salts, and amino acids.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which usually require antibiotics and other medications that have a number of side effects. In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to:
- Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
- Balance high cholesterol
- Cure skin conditions such as acne
- Protect against food poisoning
- Fight allergies in both humans and animals
- Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
- Strengthen the immune system
- Increase stamina
- Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
- Improve digestion and cure constipation
- Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
- Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
How to Use Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- Measure out two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each day and drink it undiluted. Drink two tablespoons before eating your first meal each morning. Apple cider vinegar will regulate your circulatory and digestive system, and suppress your appetite so that you eat less and lose weight. Apple cider vinegar can also relieve water retention and bloating.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with a full glass of water. You can mix 2 tablespoons of the vinegar with half a glass of water to make a refreshing health elixir that can be taken up to three times each day.
- Drink apple cider vinegar warm. Combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with your favorite tea to create a warm alternative drink. Add honey and you’ll have a fat-burning metabolic drink.
- Exercise while on the apple cider vinegar diet. Aim for at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise each day to lose weight and slim down.
- Stay hydrated. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day while on the apple cider vinegar weight loss diet.
- Eat fruits, vegetables and lean proteins while you’re on the apple cider vinegar diet. Use calorie calculators to determine the right amount of daily calories for your gender and body.
- This article is not intended as medical advice. For weight loss solutions, consult with your doctor first.
- If at any time you develop problems using apple cider vinegar, stop immediately and consult your doctor.