The cabbage soup diet is a seven-day, low-fat, high-fiber fad diet that helps you lose up to 10 pounds in just a week. But just like many fad diets, it doesn’t allow for nutrients from all of the basic food groups. You are essentially eating bowls of cabbage soup and fruit, or vegetables and meat on alternating days of the week. Because of the limited allowed foods, this diet can be hard to follow.
Cabbage Diet Plan
- On day one, you eat two bowls of cabbage soup and as much fruit as you want, except bananas. You can drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice or water.
- Day two calls for more cabbage soup and low-calorie vegetables with an exception of beans, peas and corn. You can also eat a baked potato with butter.
- For day three, you eat cabbage soup with a combination of the fruit and vegetables from the previous two days.
- Day four calls for cabbage soup and up to eight bananas, as well as two glasses of skim milk.
- Day fiver is cabbage soup, up to 20 ounces of either beef, chicken or fish, up to six fresh tomatoes, and between six and eight glasses of water.
- The menu for day six is cabbage soup, up to three beef steaks and unlimited vegetables.
- Day seven includes cabbage soup, 2 cups of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and unlimited vegetables.
How Does This Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Work?
Basically, cabbage soup is a filler meal, and cabbage has one of the least calories while it has plenty of nutrients. Hence, when the person has the cabbage soup diet, the fat burning would result from the fact that the person’s stomach would get filled with the cabbage and kill the hunger. No hunger – no calories. No calories – no fat. No fat – reserve fat burning. This is the chain reaction that it sets.
Hence, in a matter of seven days, a good portion of your fat would have been consumed by the body to provide energy to it, since the cabbage soup diet would not provide it any calories.
Before you run to the kitchen to prepare this wonder cabbage soup diet – take down the recipe for the fastest fat burning diet yet known to work
- Cabbage cut small – 1 medium size, cut small
- Onions – 4-6 medium size, minced
- Tomatoes – 2-4 small size, diced
- Green peppers – 1-2 small, minced
- Celery – ½ a cup minced
- Cube of Maggie chicken – for flavor if so wanted
- Onion soup mix – for thickness (optional)
- Pepper/salt/ parsley/garlic powder, etc for garnishing
You will need to adopt this cabbage soup diet in combination with fruits and vegetables of your preference. Exclude bananas from your list of fruits for the first four days, since these are heavy on calories. On day 5 you could include a little meat in your diet (choose from chicken or beef – no pork) and tomatoes. Day 6 and 7 should have rice along with the soup and meat accompanying the soup.