Water is an essential nutrient your body needs to use to burn body fat! That’s why drinking water to lose weight is an important consideration in your weight loss program. We are made up of 55-75% water – what’s a lot of water! We need all of it for chemical reactions in physiological processes to burn fat and calories.
Here are a few tips to target those areas. You may notice some weight loss but the loss is temporary and will return after re-hydration. This is a common trick used when you must fit into that special outfit and it’s just a tad too tight.
Lose Weight with Water
- First how to lose weight fast tip is that our body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This it self will discourage any tendency to gorge. The best thing about water is that is has no calories at all.
- If you’re feeling hungry drink a glass of water 15 minutes before eating, it will help to subside your hunger so you can better manage your portion control. It is also a good idea to have a glass of water with every meal. Try to take a sip of water between every few bites, which help you to feel full faster.
- Fresh juice help to weight loss. Juicing helps your weight loss efforts in a number of ways. First, if you drink fresh juice before a meal, it may help curb your appetite. Also, the nutrients get absorbed into your cells quickly, which may help your body realize that it has gotten the nutrition it needs, telling your brain stop the “eat” signals.
- Water, weight loss and exercise are a great combination. If exercising is part of a weight loss program more water should be included to account for water loss from sweating. Drinking water before, during and after exercise will keep energy levels high and help muscles recover after training.
- Eliminate all diet and regular sodas and drink water to lose weight instead. Artificially sweetened soda can increase your desire to eat. Regular soda contains a lot of calories. If your soda contains 160 calories and you eliminated two per day, you would lose about a pound every 10 days doing nothing else.
- Eat water rich foods. Water rich foods like berries are less calorie dense than foods that do not contain a lot of water such as crackers.
- The liver metabolizes fat, which is very important when you are trying to lose weight. However, it requires a lot of water to do this successfully, and if it doesn’t have enough, it will just store the fat.
- If you do not like the taste of water add squeeze in a little lemon, lime or orange juice. Drink a warm glass of water with a lemon slice upon waking in the morning. Drinking warm water with lemon for weight loss in the morning helps a sluggish digestive system, so it’s a great way to start the day after sleeping all night. Boil water in a pan or microwave. Wash the outside of the lemon and add a slice to the water. Sip like tea.
When you drink all the water you need, you will very quickly notice a decrease in your appetite, possibly even on the first day! If you’re serious about becoming leaner and healthier, drinking water is an absolute must. If you’re doing everything else right and still not seeing results, this might just be what’s missing.