The weather is beginning to cool off, so you may not be as motivated to slip on your sneaks and exercise outside. That’s ok because you can get a great workout at home. For a 130-pound woman, these indoor activities burn about 100 calories. The human body never stops burning calories, even when you’re catching forty winks or watching neighbours (a bit). Find out how to burn extra calories effectively throughout your day. You’ll soon see the difference on the scales.
- This is something that is easy and very effective. When walking up the stairs, just step on every other one, skipping the one between. This strengthens many muscles in your legs and burns many calories as well. If you walk up stairs a lot, you should definitely ry this.
- The more you sleep, the more you burn. If you have nothing to do and are feeling a little drowsy, then take a nap. When you wake up, you will feel great, and you will burn up to 50% more calories. Plus, sleeping is very good for your heart and can dramatically reduce the risk of heart disease.
- If you want to burn some calories and develop those abs you have always wanted, sucking in your stomach is the way to go. It is easy to do. While it may result in initial discomfort, sucking in your stomach does not have any harmful side-effects, and you will get used to it in no time.
- Before you go walking somewhere, drink up a glass of nice, cold water. Just like taking a cold shower, the cold water forces your body to warm up burning calories all the while.
- While I have never tried it, drinking green tea supposedly increases your metabolism meaning you will burn a lot more calories every day.
- When I first heard that taking a cold shower was a good way to burn some extra calories, I did not believe it. However, after doing some research on various websites, I discovered that taking a cold shower does actually burn calories. Why? The answer is simple. Your body is constantly trying to keep about a 97 degree temperature. Therefore, it has to work extra hard to do this when you are cold. All this work results in the burning of calories and can certainly aid in your weight loss effort.
- That’s right, laughing is a great way to burn calories and have fun at the same time. In fact, laughing for just 15 minutes a day can burn 50 calories! That is the equivalent of 5 lbs a year. The easiest ways to laugh are hanging out with friends or watching TV. If you watch an hour long show every day and laugh for half of it, you can get rid of 10 lbs every year. Laughter is certainly number one on my list as it is easy to do and a lot of fun. Plus it allows your mind to stray from food.
- Stand on your tip-toes. While in the shower, brushing your teeth, or combing your hair, try standing on your tip-toes. This will burn a lot of calories if you do it daily.
- Go buy some sugar-free gum and begin chewing. This will burn about 10 calories an hour and will strengthen your job. Plus, it will leave your breath smelling minty-fresh!
- This one is a little strange, but works very well. While you are stationary (in an office chair, at home, etc.), try shaking your legs. This simple and easy excercise will have you burning 100s of extra calories every day. In fact, if you do it every day you will stop noticing that you are even doing it.
If you just follow these 10 simple steps they will become habits. You won’t even realize that you are doing it, and you will be burning 100s of calories every day. In fact, you could potentially burn more than 30lbs a year! Thanks for reading my hub, and good luck getting and/or staying in shape!