Slimmer thighs require a combination of a healthy diet and exercise. Unfortunately, most women are genetically predisposed to store fat around the hips and thighs. Thigh muscles, the quadriceps at the front of the thigh and hamstrings at the back, are two of the biggest muscles in your body. Want to boost your burn? Try adding a set of 5-10 pound dumbbells to some of the strength moves for more of a challenge.
How To Get Slimmer Thighs Fast
- Lunges and squats are the most effective exercises to do get slimmer thighs and tone your lower body. Lunges strengthen the quadriceps, hamstrings and your glorious gluteus while squats work the thighs, hips, quadriceps, bootie and hamstrings.
- A consistent workout plan is the key. You’ll never get your thighs slim simply by eating right or just doing cardio.
- Besides stretching the quadriceps, stretch your hamstrings. To stretch your hamstrings one at a time, sit down with your legs extended in front of you. Bend one leg so that the foot of that leg is at the leg still extended. Let the bent leg fall gently open. Brace your core and roll your shoulder blades back and down.
- Doing giant jumps is an interesting way to build power in your thighs and actually help you learn how to get slimmer thighs. Jump up and jump down as many times as you can. Another variation is to step up with one leg at a time and back.
- Ride the Stationary Bike: This is ideal for those who do not fancy walking or if they want to measure how much calories they have already lost. Most of the stationary bikes can already do that.
- If you have access to cardio machines at the gym, it can help slim your thighs. Since you need to lose overall body fat to help reveal the muscles of your thighs, you need to incorporate cardiovascular exercise into your gym routine.
- Dry brushing is a little-known yet effective way that women around the world have been doing for ages! Dry brushing your skin helps shed dead skin, increase circulation, helps tighten the skin, lessen the appearance of cellulite and helps rid your body of toxins.
To slim your thighs, focus on running, which engages the entire lower body as well as your core. Do you have any special tips on how to get slimmer thighs? Please share with us via comments.