An unhealthy lifestyle and uncontrolled eating habits can have a negative impact on human health that may result into increased body weight, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and a weak immune system. Weight gain is becoming a major problem among youth and they are now working to find weight loss solutions. Though weight loss pills, anti-cellulite gels and expensive fitness gadgets on commercials promise instant results, these may be detrimental to our health.
Treatment with Simple Home Remedies
- This one is not actually a remedy, but it is the most important thing you must do in order to keep your weight in a normal level. And that is, stick to a healthy diet. The following are the dietary guidelines you must follow in order to keep your waistline healthy:
- Do not overindulge in eating any one type of food. Keep your diet balanced.
- Keep the intake of sugars and fats to a minimum. The fats to be avoided are the saturated fats and the trans-fatty acids.
- Too much carbohydrates build weight. Hence, the intake of rice and potatoes must be reduced. Wheat, barley and maize are ideal substitutes for rice in people who has weight problems.
- You must have at least one bitter vegetable per day. This helps in the proper metabolism of fats and do not allow them to accumulate in the body.
- Never eat to full capacity.
- Consume a lot of fluids in the day. This helps to eliminate the undigested foods effectively.
- Exercise is extremely important. It is necessary to indulge in mild physical activity after each meal even if you cannot make time to go to a gym.
- Have a totally salt-free diet once a week. This helps reduce weight. Also skip a meal once in a month.
- Prepare chutney of mint leaves. This must be taken with every single meal. It helps in the proper breaking down of the fats. Also begin your day with a cup of mint tea.
- Vitamin C is very good for people who are looking to reduce their weight. Since amalaki (Emblica officinalis, Indian Gooseberry) is the best source of vitamin C in the world, it is good to eat two three fruits of the amalaki each day. Also have a glass of any one citrus fruit – orange, lemon, etc. each day. Green leafy vegetables also have good vitamin C content. They can be consumed raw in the form of salads.
- Honey is very good for mobilizing the fats in the body. Take a spoonful of honey half an hour after every meal. A good remedy is to mix a teaspoonful of honey and lemon juice and have it twice a day. Alternatively, you can take a bowl of warm water, put a teaspoonful each of honey and lemon juice and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. This is a very good remedy to dissolve the excess fats.
- The Indian plum, i.e. jambula, is renowned for its weight controlling properties. Jambula dissolves the excess fats and gets them properly utilized in the body. Take four leaves of the jambula plant and soak them in a glass of water overnight. In the morning, discard the leaves and drink the water on an empty stomach. If you do this everyday, then you will find a positive reduction in your weight in three weeks or a month.