Coconut water has a wealth of natural ingredients that help to control blood sugar levels and help to not only lose but manage your weight. Weight control is essential in the fight to control blood sugar whether you are a diabetic or you are a potential diabetic. One cup of coconut milk has about 550 calories, whereas one cup of coconut water has only 46 calories.
One cup of coconut water contains no fat and consists mostly of natural sugars and minerals. Coconut water is very rich in magnesium and potassium, as well as being very high in fibre. Coconut water helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body, which means that the body is processing things faster.
Hydration and Weight Loss
Coconut water is very hydrating because its electrolyte content is similar to that of human plasma. According to HealthMad, during World War II, doctors used coconut water intravenously, when regular IV fluid was unavailable, because it’s so compatible with the human body.
Staying hydrated helps with weight loss because it makes you feel fuller longer, which can lead to eating fewer calories. It also helps to flush out toxins, to make your body function more effectively, which may cut down on sugar cravings.
Weight Loss with Coconut Water
However, it is not the same with coconut water. Natural weight loss can indeed be achieved with coconut water and there are reasons for the same.
- The first and primary reason is, that water in itself is an important key to good health and maintaining and attaining ideal body weight. Water helps in keeping the metabolism rate of the body to its optimal level. It keeps the body hydrated. Research has proven that coconut water is next to water in its natural form. Hence, the same benefits as water can also be achieved through coconut water.
- Coconut water for health is recommended by a number of doctors, as it is a less concentrated form of the healthy coconut. Lemon juice can be added to the coconut water to make it even more healthier. Since both coconut water and lemon are alkalizing, it is beneficial for the body in a number of ways, such as it helps in digestion, controls blood sugar levels and perks up metabolism.
- Coconut Water has a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a natural anti-oxidant: this explains why my skin looks better when I drink coconut water! So vitamin C is essential to weight loss and to that extent, coconut water can help with your weight loss goals.
- It is recommended to drink coconut water to lose weight, as it is not high in sugars, as soda and most juices are. You may want to read on calories in coconut water.
- People, who believe in low-fat diets believe that coconut oil is not healthy, but the recent research points to the fact that coconut oil is, in fact, healthy fat. We often forget that people have eaten coconut oil and yet have not suffered from any of the side effects, such as obesity, which has become an epidemic now. That coconut oil is actually a natural, high quality fat, which is very healthy, is finally agreed upon.
- Coconut water is high in protein, which is a natural appetite suppressant. Coconut water is suitable for high protein diets.
- If a person finds it difficult to lose weight due to problem with thyroid issues, coconut water helps in promoting healthy thyroid function, which in turn helps in weight loss.
- Coconut water contains more potassium than a banana, almost 300 mg per cup. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps you convert food into energy and build muscle. Muscle burns more calories at rest than fat, and this may help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Coconut water has many benefits it is viewed by many as the water of life containing everything necessary to lead a healthy life. It is something that can help you to level your blood sugar, keep it under control and lose weight.