Pregnancy is often a stressful enough time by itself without the presence of acne as well. Unfortunately, acne is a common affliction for pregnant women due to the fact that, as their bodies adjust to the baby growing inside them, their hormones fluctuate. However, there are many treatments to consider that will be helpful to you without the risk of harming your unborn child.
When you are pregnant the hormone progesterone becomes dominant and may lead to your body creating more sebaceous oils. These oils often clog your pores which are a perfect spot for bacteria to get in and make a pimple. But take comfort in knowing that pregnancy is short term and the acne won’t continue and that there are many safe things that you can do that will be good for your skin and isn’t harmful to your baby.
The Best Pimple Treatment for Pregnant Women
- Following a cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is the best acne treatment for pregnant women, doing this will exert excess oil from the skin while leaving behind a soft and supple skin. However, after giving massage, placing a warm towel on face for 5-10 minutes also clears up the clogged pores, this should further accompany a good moisturizing.
- You do need to be careful about the ingredients that you use when making home acne treatments since you are pregnant. But if it safe for you to eat, then it is safe for you to use. Remember that not all foods are good for you to eat when you are pregnant, so avoid using these foods when making your homemade remedies for acne.
- Most products used to treat acne are not suitable for pregnant women. The ingredients can quickly be absorbed into the blood stream which directly affects your baby.
- Make a habit of washing your face 3-4 times a day, it is important because hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy leads excess secretion of oil glands which results into formation of oil on upper layer of the skin, which attract dirt and pollens to cause pimples/acne. But washing your face 3-4 times a day will exert oil from the face while preventing acne. This is again a very reliable and safe acne treatment for pregnant women.
- Keeping your body especially your face clean is the best and most practical acne treatment pregnancy calls for. Wash your face with warm water and mild soap at least three times a day. This can prevent pores from clogging.
- Rubbing slices of fruit containing alpha hydroxy acids on the affected areas is a natural, effective way to treat acne. Lemons, oranges and tomatoes are examples of some fruits containing alpha hydroxy acids.
Along with this, it is also significant that your choice while buying face wash should depends as per your skin type, for instance, if you have a dry skin go for aloe vera rich face wash but if you have oily skin buy cucumber face wash. However, application of fruit face pack is also very effective and safe acne treatment for pregnant women.