Our bodies go through a myriad of changes from the day we are born to our last day on earth. Some changes are alarming and nerve wracking for us. One of the changes we all dread is hitting puberty. This is when we go through a lot of emotions. We never really understand our body anymore during this time and it can be very scary.
We all wish on skipping puberty, sadly this is just not possible. This is also the time when pimples or acne come out. Suffice it to say that 90% of adolescents suffer from pimples. There are also the very unfortunate who live with it through adulthood.
Causes and Symptoms of Pimples
As already mentioned, overactive oil glands play an important role in causing Pimples. The oil glands tend to become overactive due to overstimulation caused by hormonal changes. The hormonal changes could be triggered by puberty.
Hormonal changes caused by menstrual cycles also contribute in the development of Pimple in women. Though, the problem tends to subside once the hormones settle down. Hereditary factors may also be held responsible for causing Pimples and Acne in some cases.
Medicines containing lithium, iodides, bromides, steroids etc have been associated with the worsening of Pimples. Repeatedly washing Pimple affected area may also aggravate the problem as skin tends to produce more oil in response to repeated washing and harsh scrubbing. Stress has also been associated, though indirectly, with frequent breakouts of Pimples.
Pimples are generally characterized by red or yellow colored inflammations on the skin. They are often filled with pus. When a Pimple is squeezed, the pus spreads on the surrounding area resulting in further infection. Moreover, the act of squeezing increases the probability of leaving behind scars even after the healing. These pus-filled Pimples are less commonly known as Pustules.
Simple and Easy Acne Removal Tips
There are many home remedies for acne. Most people have everything they need already somewhere in the house to get started with natural acne removal. Here are a few natural acne cures.
- Lemon juice is a great remedy for redness. It acts as a disinfectant and the citric acid is a very effective ingredient for cleaning out the pores. It works equally well on red, inflamed pimples as it does on acne scars, although it may take longer to see results on scars. Just apply a bit of lemon juice to the affected area. It may sting a bit, so if your skin is particularly sensitive, you could try mixing in a bit of honey with it.
- Among the various acne removal remedies, tea tree oil is said to be very effective, as it contains an active antimicrobial agent. It is available in its pure form and as gels, lotions, and creams. Many say that it is as effective as benzoyl peroxide, without the side effects. The only drawback is that it might take longer to work. It is best to use a concentration of 5% tea tree oil, and apply it to the affected region a few times in the day.
- Honey is a great natural acne treatment thanks to its antibacterial and disinfectant properties. It can be applied directly to the face or mixed with other natural ingredients such as oats or lemon juice. The best type of honey for treating acne is raw honey or manuka honey from New Zealand. It is very gentle, making it great for sensitive skin and works well on infected pimples.
- One of the best ways to treat acne problem is to indulge in regular cleaning. Wash the face at least two times a day, once in the morning and once at night. Make sure you use a mild face wash/ soap. Do not scrub the area incessantly. It may heighten the problem, instead of reducing it.
- Did you know that oatmeal is an excellent acne removing agent? To use it, the first step would be to cook the oatmeal. Apply this on the affected area and let it stay for about fifteen minutes. Thereafter, wash your face with warm water.
- A mixture of yeast and lemon juice works well to get rid of acne. For this, combine a tablespoon of dried or fresh yeast with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Apply this combination on your face and leave it on, until it gets hard. Thereafter, peel it or wash it with warm water.
- For getting rid of acne, mix 2 to 3 tea bags with some basil. Cook this mixture in boiling water for about 10 to 20 minutes. Then, apply on the acne-infected area with a cotton ball.
- Apart from applying products on the acne, the intake of right ingredients can also help lessen acne. Mix honey in 3 glass of water and squeeze lemon. Drink this to get relieved from acne.
There are many more acne removal tips that mostly include acne treatments at home, that are convenient and relatively painless, which range from consuming zinc rich foods or zinc supplements, to strawberries or their leaves in a poultice. However, the most important of all tips is never to pick or squeeze pimples, for in all likelihood, you will spread the bacteria and cause the pimple to leave behind the scar.