Eyes are one of the most important organ in the human body and vision is one of the most wonderful gift. Eyes are considered to be the mirrors of your soul and taking care of them is of utmost importance. Eye care should be an important part of our daily life. With so many of us spending lots of time in front of the computer every day it comes to no surprise that research is showing a rise in visual problems.
Your eyes are the window to the world. It’s important that you take care of them. Diet and regular upkeep are two important factors in taking care of your eyes. Eye exercises can restore your sight. Given below are some eye care tips for beautiful and attractive eyes.
The Most Effective Daily Eye Care Tips
- Apply cooled tea bags over closed eyes. Don’t use herbal tea bags, because most aren’t as effective as the black tea bags.
- Dip a cotton pad in a cup of water overnight. Strain this in the morning and add 1 cup of plain water to this. Splash the eyes with this water or wash them with the help of an eyecup.
- If possible, do avoid wearing kajal as some particles can lead to form black layer under your eyes.
- Wild salmon and sardines are also healthy options for your eyes. That’s because they contain omega-3 fats, which are the good fats for your body. These omega-3s protect tiny blood vessels in the eyes.
- During breaks, splash water on your face while closing your eyes. This has an overall relaxing effect and helps you feel refreshed.
- Adopt a balanced diet and other healthy lifestyle habits and ensure that your child is actively engaged in physical activity.
- Remove eye make-up after stepping in home. Remove it gently using coconut oil, olive oil or some good eye make up removing cream/solution.
- Cucumbers work wonders for tired eyes. Place two slices of cucumber over your eyes and rest for a while. Besides its cooling properties, it also helps to lighten dark circles.
- Dip a pad of cotton wool in rose water to which 2-3 drops of Castor oil is mixed. Place these soaked pads on the eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Eye burns and other problems will be reduced.
- Try not to spend so much time looking at your computer screen. (As a matter of fact, now would be a good time to give your eyes a break, since you’re not doing anything too important.)
These tips are easy, hassle free and economical. All we need is 5-10 minutes out of our busy schedule to take care for our eyes. Share your eye care tips too in the comments below.