It is completely normal to loss hair every single day. In fact 10% of the time our hair is in a resting phase. The other 90% of the time it is in the growth phase. At any rate our hair is in a constant state of growing and falling out. The hairs that fall out are quickly replaced by new hair. Only when this process is out of whack do we notice significant hair thinning. Hair loss can be attributed to several factors: including childbirth, menopause, chemotherapy, alopecia, hormone imbalance, heredity, radiation therapy and aging.
Home Remedies For Hair Loss and Thinning
Suffering from hair loss and thinning hair? Here are some great tips for those who want to give chemical products a miss and go in for natural thinning hair treatment by using herbs for thinning hair and hair care.
Amla (Indian Goose Berry)
Amla is considered to be a great herb for overall hair growth and maintenance. Use it in the following way:
- Take dry pieces of amla and boil them in either castor or coconut oil (good for hair) for 20 minutes. Let it cool and then store. Use this mixture and massage into hair at least once a week.
- Take amla powder and mix it with an egg. Then apply this to the hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Then wash it off.
Aloe Vera is a natural stimulant for hair. Not only does it nourish hair but stimulates hair growth.
- To use, simply cut off a part of the leaf and massage the sticky aloe vera juice into your hair and scalp. Then leave on for 30 minutes and wash off. Doing this for over a period of 2-3 months will leave your hair shiny, thick and glossy.
- Alternately, one can mix aloe vera in coconut oil and massage on the hair as well.
Certain oils are supposed to be very beneficial for promoting hair growth and in hair loss prevention.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of coconut oil and castor oil and heat it. When the oil is warm enough, take that and massage into scalp and hair. Leave on for an hour. Then take a towel, dip it in hot water and cover your head. Repeat this 4-5 times, till the water loses its heat. Then wash off.
- Make a mixture of hot olive oil and almond oil and massage into hair and scalp. Repeat the same process with the steaming as mentioned above.
Use curd in combination with henna powder or egg and apply to scalp. It is the best natural source known for conditioning hair.
Use the lemon juice and mix it with amla (Indian gooseberry) or the root of a banyan tree (powdered). Use daily to wash hair.
Remedies For Thinning Hair
The good news is there are many hair thinning remedies that can be implemented with success. Not only can you stop hair from falling but you can re-grow hair as well. A few of the natural hair thinning remedies include:
Vitamins A, B, C and E
are good hair growth promoters. The best way to get them is naturally through the foods you eat. There are several ways these vitamins work to promote hair growth. They provide sebum and promote blood circulation to the scalp by increasing oxygen absorption and collagen.
Proper Scalp Management
It is good to massage your scalp regularly with herbal oils. Use products like olive oil, jojoba oil, amla oil. There are reports that alopecia areata can be effectively treated with essential oils of thyme, rosemary, lavender and cedar wood.
Limit Scalp Abuse
You need to avoid blow drying and using chemical shampoos daily. Your hair and scalp can be damaged by harsh chemical processes such as coloring or straightening. Even daily hair washing with hot water can damage the hair. The hair can turn brittle and natural oils dry up.
Use Of Herbal Care Products
To increase your effectiveness utilize herbal powders of amla, shikakai, henna and ritha as shampoo and conditioner. Amla powder is a very powerful anti-oxidant which can prevent graying and hair loss. Shikakai has a low pH. This makes it a great shampoo which thoroughly cleans the hair without depleting it of its natural oils. Henna can be used as a natural conditioner.
Stress can cause thinning of the hair. You can reduce stress by doing exercises and meditation.
Smoking causes constriction of the blood vessels which supply blood to the scalp. This is just one of many of the benefits you get from eliminating smoking.
FDA approved Hair Thinning Remedies
There are lots of hair loss products out there that claim to work. The recommendation is to find hair loss products that have been reviewed by the FDA.