Damaged hair needs special care in order to protect the hair and allow it to regenerate. Here are some tips to help you deal with your damaged hair. Our lifestyle reflects in how our skin looks, how our hair looks, and this should be a starting point where we can draw certain conclusions. Sometimes skin problems can be genetically transmitted but when it comes to the health of our tresses only we are responsible.
Hair is a very important part of our body, it makes us look different and it helps us look glamorous, simple, sophisticated, extravagant, depending on what we choose. The health of the hair depends on several things, things which, if not properly done can leave a negative print over our tresses.
With everything from the environment to heated styling tools to your hair care products, damaged hair is one major concern for almost all of us. Treatment and prevention of hair damage are crucial for healthy looking hair. This lens is to give you advice on how to treat damaged hair, prevent further damage as well as let you know which hair care products are highly recommended for hair treatment.
Things You’ll Need:
- A comb
Tips To Take Care Of Damaged Hair:
- Make a conditioner at home by mixing egg and olive oil. Use this on your hair, once a week, for about a month. To make one application, whisk an egg yolk with two tablespoon of olive oil, in a bowl. Apply this on your hair, especially focusing on the ends. Leave this on for a few minutes and then rinse off with water, before shampooing your hair.
- Get your hair trimmed at least once in a month. These trims will help you get rid of damaged hair and will encourage faster hair growth. Getting regular trims has proved to be a very effective way to get rid of damaged hair.
- While using a hair dryer, try a diffuser setting at low-heat or cool setting. Using a diffuser in a low-heat setting also helps in untangling and treating frizzy and brittle hair. With hair irons, try to use the lowest heat setting.
- If you like swimming, remember that this can be one of the reasons for damaged hair. Make sure to shampoo and rinse your hair properly after every swim. Try to do this as soon as possible, after you have taken a dip.
- Dry and damaged hair can benefit from Vitamin E treatments. Make your own vitamin-enriched shampoo with the help of Vitamin E capsules. Break open five to six capsules, and combine the content with your favorite shampoo. This will make your locks look shiner, smoother and much healthier.
- Deep conditioning and hot oil treatments are the best aids for damaged hair. To get the best result out of your conditioner, tie a hot damp towel around your head after applying it on your hair. It will help the conditioner to penetrate deeper into your hair. After a few minutes, rinse it off.
- Don’t stress out over your hair! Stress can lead to loss of hair, and damage. (It’s true!)
- The techniques that I have listed have worked for me when I had damaged hair, and work for all of my friends and families that I suggested it to. If it doesn’t work for you, don’t do it!
- If any of the products or steps damage your hair even more, or don’t work, don’t do it! Skip those steps.
- Don’t force your hair, or yourself in doing anything to it that you don’t want to do.
- Try to stay away from hot areas, and swimming pools.
- Don’t pull with all your brute force when combing your hair. If the comb is breaking or is hard to brush your hair with, than use a brush of your choice.