High blood pressure, also called hypertension, refers to blood pushing against the walls of the arteries with chronically elevated force. A blood pressure reading of 140/90 mm Hg or above is considered high. Common causes or contributing factors of hypertension are obesity, genetic factors, excessive drinking, high salt intake, lack of aerobic exercise, stress, birth control pills, pain relievers, kidney disease, and adrenal disease. High blood pressure is defined as a persistently elevated pressure of blood within the arteries.
Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your high blood pressure. If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle, you may avoid, delay or reduce the need for medication. Blood pressure that rises above normal levels and remains high can lead to serious health problems including heart attack, heart failure, stroke and kidney failure as well as other health problems. There are many different types of complementary and alternative treatments believed to be effective for treating high blood pressure. Here are some of the useful tips to changes your to lower your blood pressure and keep it down.
How To Get Rid Of High Blood Pressure With Natural Remedies
- Mint leaves contribute significantly to reducing blood pressure. Powdered form of dried mint leaves may be had twice a day to reduce high blood pressure. Two teaspoonfuls of the same may contribute directly to reducing high blood pressure.
- Exercise regularly: Regular physical activity at least 30 to 60 minutes most days of the week can lower your blood pressure by 4 to 9 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). And it doesn’t take long to see a difference. If you haven’t been active, increasing your exercise level can lower your blood pressure within just a few weeks.
- Lemons: Lemons help keep blood vessels soft and pliable and by removing any rigidity, high blood pressure will be reduced. In addition, you can help lower your chance of heart failure by consuming lemon juice regularly, due to its vitamin C content. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Consumption of vegetables including potato, parsley, carrot and spinach play significant role in reducing blood pressure. Juice made out of raw spinach and carrot works to reduce blood pressure with two glasses being taken twice a day.
- Potassium can lessen the effects of sodium on blood pressure. The best source of potassium is food, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than supplements. Talk to your doctor about the potassium level that’s best for you.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure by up to 14 mm Hg. This eating plan is known as the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet.
- Coconut Water: People with high blood pressure must keep their bodies well hydrated. It is a good idea to drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily. Coconut water is particularly beneficial for lowering blood pressure. Coconut water, being rich in potassium, magnesium and vitamin C can help decrease systolic blood pressure. Along with coconut water, you can also use coconut oil when cooking.
- Cayenne Pepper: Those suffering from mild hypertension will benefit from eating cayenne pepper. It helps smooth blood flow by preventing platelets from clumping together and accumulating in the blood. You can add some cayenne pepper to fruit or vegetable salad, or add a pinch to a bowl of soup. Because cayenne pepper is quite spicy, you only need to use a little bit.
- While natural remedies suggested as part of treatment for hypertension or high blood pressure should be accompanied by thorough medical advice and regular checkups; a situation of low blood pressure can be rectified easily by adopting a few dietary tips.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are an effective ingredient for lowering high blood pressure due to their high potassium and dietary fiber content. Boil one to two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water for about two minutes, and then strain it. Put the seeds in a blender and mix it into a paste. Eat this paste twice a day, once in the morning on an empty stomach and once in the evening. Follow this remedy for two to three months to notice a significant improvement in your blood pressure level.
Hope you will like these useful tips and if you know any tips about high blood pressure so, please share with us via comments below.