It doesn’t take a gourmet to judge how appetizing and flavorful Flannel Cakes using this recipe turns out. Best enjoyed as a Side Dish this recipe was taught to me by a dear friend who also happens to be a great chef. If you like this recipe of Flannel Cakes, please share with friends and family through popular networking sites.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
How to make Flannel Cakes
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat egg yolks and add milk and shortening.
- Beat in flour mixture with rotary beater.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake on hot griddle, turning to brown both sides.