An oldie but a goodie! A family recipe of ground beef and potatoes layered with mushroom soup and onion, and topped with Cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11×7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted.