Going by its popularity in my family, Rye-bran Bread will surely allure your family members too. This Rye-bran Bread when served as a Side Dish will bring happiness in your dining room. Dish up this Rye-bran Bread for a meal today and see it simply vanish.
- 2 yeast cakes
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- ½ cup molasses
- 7 cups flour
- 5 cups bran
- 4 tablespoons shortening on butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm liquid.
- Add molasses and four cups sifted flour.
- Beat well.
- Add the bran, shortening or butter, remainder of the flour or enough to make a dough that can be handled, and salt.
- Knead well, cover, and let rise until double in bulk, about two hours.
- Divide into three loaves.
- Place in well-greased pans.
- Cover and let rise again about forty-five minutes or until double in bulk.
- Bake forty-five minutes at 350 degrees.