A chicken pilaf recipe, made with rice, boneless chicken breasts, wine, chicken broth, onions, and seasonings.
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) whole chicken
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; let stand in broth 1 hour.
- Remove chicken, and cool slightly; reserve 1 2/3 cups broth. Skin and bone chicken, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Bring chicken, reserved broth, and rice to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.