My passion for rice griddle cakes grew during high school days. I prepare this rice griddle cakes with rice as the main ingredient. This rice griddle cakes makes a good snack for most meals. Spread the taste by sharing this rice griddle cakes recipe with your friends.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups milk
- 11/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- Mix rice with 1 cup milk and let stand overnight.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Beat egg and add shortening and remaining 1 cup milk.
- Add to softened rice alternately with sifted dry ingredients.
- Drop from spoon onto hot greased griddle and bake, turning once to brown other side.