I invented this taco salad to please the kids, writes Betty Nickels from Tampa, Florida. I’ve made it with ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken and it’s equally good so you can easily adjust it to fit your family’s preferences. It’s quick to make and everyone seems to like it!
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef, scramble fried shopping list
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans, drained shopping list
- sliced green onion shopping list
- avocado Dressing: shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted and mashed shopping list
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt
How to Make it:
- Stir-fry onion, garlic, 1 lb (500 g) Ground Beef, add taco seasoning, chili powder and salt in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned and completely cooked. Drain if necessary; set aside.
- Layer tomatoes, chopped, in shallow 12 cup glass bowl. Follow with a layer of shredded lettuce, cooked ground beef mixture, cheddar cheese and kidney beans. Top with Avocado Dressing.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onion.