Are you looking for a guaranteed to turn out well deviled oysters recipe? If you have a lot of butter on hand then you know its time to make some deviled oysters. I would really appreciate a feedback on this recipe of deviled oysters.
- 1 pint oysters, with liquid
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup oyster crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine oysters, oyster liquid, and remaining ingredients; toss to mix well. Turn into a buttered 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole, or divide among individual scallop or clam shells. Bake at 375° for casserole, or until set and lightly browned. For individual servings, spoon into 6 ramekins or large scallop shells and bake for about 15 minutes. Serves 6.