New Year is probably the most festive occasion in the entire year, which is marked by pompous celebrations and night long parties. Celebrators are in a festive mood and want to make the most out of the jovial occasion. New Year dinners are very popular among celebrators, with inviting-over guests for dinner being a trend. Arranging New Year dinner also requires some extensive preparations. When it’s the time to host New Year’s party dinner, you must take care of every small thing that can make the event really memorable. The article lists some fabulous New Year dinner ideas, to help in you in organizing an amazing dinner party. Read on and know how to delight your guests and make your New Year dinner memorable for them.
Lentils for Luck
Lentil makes a great starter for any meal. For a sit down meal, lentil soup is a tasty way to serve those little green coins. But for a change, this lentil hummus is a delicious dip. I like to make this with red lentils but use green for New Year’s Eve.
- 1¼ cups green lentils
- 2 quarts of water
- ½ cup tahini
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves in an oven safe pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Roast the garlic for at least 25 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Bring the 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the water.
- Add the lentils.
- Boil the lentils for 15 minutes.
- Test them and make sure that they are soft.
- Drain the lentils and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a bowl and let them rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the lentils into your food processor and pulse for a minute or two.
- Then, add the tahini, roasted garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Run the food processor until the ingredients are well combined. The texture of the lentil hummus should be smooth, so you may need to add some of the water or you may not need it all.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
Cornbread cooks best in a cast iron pan. You can use any 9×9-baking dish that you have on hand, but if you have a 10-inch cast iron pan by all means break it out. When the cornbread batter is placed in the preheated cast iron pan, the bread will develop a crisp crust.
- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups of buttermilk
- ½ stick butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- If you are using a 10-inch cast iron pan, place it in the oven to preheat.
- Mix together the cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt the butter.
- Let the butter cool.
- Mix together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Place the pan back into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn the cornbread out onto a rack to let it cool.
- If you opt to use a baking dish, you do not need to preheat it.