Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday to show your sweetie how much you care. Treat your sweetheart to an intimate meal for two with these decadent dinner recipes. Looking for Valentine’s Day dinner recipes? Get easy to make Valentine’s Day dinner recipes. Looking for more Valentine’s Day recipes? Try this magnificent dinner menu from Martha Stewart, and then follow up with one of these lovely Valentine’s Day sweets.
The Tasty Dinner Recipes for Valentine’s Day
1. Cedar Planked Salmon
- 3 (12 inch) untreated cedar planks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (2 pound) salmon fillets, skin removed
- Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
Recipe credit: allrecipes
2. Key Lime Pie with Chocolate-Almond Crust
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) finely ground almonds
- 1 cup(s) (from 9 whole crackers) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime zest
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (from 25 key limes) fresh lime juice, preferably key lime juice
- 2 can(s) (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- Key lime slices, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) cold sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a 10-inch glass pie plate. In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker crumbs with the ground almonds and sugar until thoroughly blended. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the side of the pie plate to form the crust. Bake for about 20 minutes, just until the almonds are lightly browned. Let the crust cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, condensed milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and bake for about 20 minutes, until set around the edge and slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until very firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the heavy cream and sour cream until soft peaks form, 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar until stiff peaks form, 1 minute. Mound the whipped cream on the pie. Garnish with the key lime slices and serve.
Recipe credit: delish
3. Tomato and Camembert Tart
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) (add more as needed) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Gruyère cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices and seeds removed
- 6 ounce(s) Camembert cheese, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 small bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- Make the tart dough: Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, combine the flour, butter, salt, and pepper until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Using a fork, mix in 2 tablespoons of the oil and the water just until the bottom of the mixture begins to cling together. If necessary, add an additional tablespoon of oil.
- Gather into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the tart: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the chilled dough into a 14-inch circle and place it into a tart pan; set aside.
- Spread the mustard over the bottom of the tart shell. Sprinkle the Gruyere evenly over the mustard and alternately place the tomato and Camembert over the Gruyere.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, all of the herbs, and the garlic together and brush two-thirds of the mixture over the tart. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tart and brush it with the remaining oil. Serve warm.
Recipe credit: countryliving
Hope you will like these Valentine’s Day recipes for your pleasure dinner with your some one special. So, if you have any recipe please share with us via comments below.