Oily skin is characterized by enlarged pores, and a shiny and greasy look. This skin type becomes more prone to certain common skin problems, like acne, blackheads or whiteheads. On the other hand, the development of wrinkles, fine lines as well as discoloration are slower in oily skin as compared to other skin types, which is the main advantage of oily skin. Oily skin is mainly caused by an overactive sebaceous gland, which produces excess oil than what is required.
Oily Skin Care
The first basic rule for oily skin care is to keep it clean so as to kill acne-causing bacteria. It is essential to unclog the pores with exfoliation to prevent breakouts. Washing your face with warm water and cleanser is preferable to using harsh soaps. Warm water helps in keeping the skin oil free. Antibacterial cleansing lotions can also be used to keep the skin acne-free. Mild acne medications have a drying effect on oily skin.
Choose cosmetics and facial care products with care. Oily skin make up items must be water-based since oil-based cosmetics can aggravate the oiliness and create blemishes. Clay masks and mud masks work well for oily skin. They remove the excess oil that is found in the skin. But do not excessively dry the upper layer of the skin with chemical products. Use of harsh products can leave the skin feeling taut and dehydrated. This may be counterproductive since the skin will produce more oil to compensate the loss. This is a reaction called ‘reactive seborrhea’, where the oil glands work at a frenetic pace to compensate for the loss of natural oils.
Treatment For Oily Skin
There is no magical cure for oily skin. Regular care and appropriate treatment of oily skin can go a long way in keeping it clean and blemish free. Massage your face with upward and outward motions when cleansing it. Using warm water to dissolve skin oil while washing it is a good treatment for oily skin. But do not use very hot water as it can strip the skin of essential oils. Do not expect results overnight. What is required is a holistic treatment of oily skin – internally and externally.
- White or pink clay masks gently cleanse oily skin of excess oil. The darker brown clay masks are stronger and more effective on very oily skins. Apply a clarifying face mask couple of times a week.
- Aromatherapy oils such as lemon, rosemary and cedarwood are said to be effective in treating oily skin. A few drops of any of these oils combined with lanolin can be massaged into the skin.
- Topical Vitamin derivatives with ingredients such as tretinoin and isotretinoin are prescribed by dermatologists to tackle sensitive oily skins.
- Products containing Benzoyl Peroxide also form part of the treatment for oily skin. They unplug pores and reduce bacteria.
- Antibiotic creams and lotions such as erythromycin and clindamycin are effective in treating blemished oily skin.
- Lotions containing AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) can help oily skin become softer and smoother.
Home Remedy For Oily Skin
Fruit acids have shown a positive effect in oily skin treatment. They remove oil from the skin and yet retain the moisture. Home remedies such as cucumber juice, lime juice and yogurt are effective in keeping oily skin under control. A mask of Aloe Vera, crushed strawberries and yogurt is an astringent for oily skin. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Some simple home remedies for oily skin:
- Puree 1 egg white, 1-tsp. Lemon juice, 1-tsp. Mint and ½ cucumber and apply it on the face for about 15 minutes.
- A puree of fresh tomatoes works wonders on oily skin.
- A facemask of tomato, lemon juice and oats must be applied on the cheeks, forehead and chin. Scrub your face with warm water. This home remedy for oily skin is ideal for blemishes.
- A clay mask is yet another home remedy for oily skin since it draws out excess oil.
- If your skin is excessively oily, mix in a few drops of eau de cologne. This not only helps keep oiliness away but also helps in refining the pores of the skin by acting as astringent, thereby preventing acne.
Take a diet that is rich in proteins, with plenty of leafy vegetables and fresh fruits. Restrict sugar and high-fat foods and junk food. Supplement your food with wheat germ, nutritional yeast and whole grains, beans and nuts. Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and flush out toxins.
Other Tips For Oily Skin Care
- You must stop your skin pores from being clogged. For this purpose you should do skin cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap.
- Do not use harsh products because they can strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness.
- Do not use skincare products which leave your skin feeling stretched tight and dehydrated.
- Do use oil-free moisturizers to lessen the oil shine on your complexion.
- Wash your face two to three times a day.
- Do not use heaving cleansers or harsh soaps. A combination of an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap with water rich in minerals can be very effective.
- When cleansing, massage your face well with your fingertips, using an upward and outward motion. Be careful not to rub soap into the skin; it can clog pores.
- If your oily skin is flaking then use a deep-cleaning exfoliant on alternate nights.
- If you oily skin is sensitive then use white or rose-colored clays.
- Use a light antiseptic night cream.
- Choose cosmetic and facial care products that suit to your oily skin.
- Before applying makeup, use an antiseptic day cream with active ingredients.
- Stop smoking it damages the overall health of the skin.
- Brush and massage the whole body regularly. It stimulates circulation and rejuvenates the skin.
- Get plenty sleep because while you sleep, the skin’s cellular repair activity reaches at its optimum.
- Exercise regularly because it is good for skin. It boosts circulation and encourages blood flow.
The Ultimate Acne Treatment For Oily Skin
Acne Getaway 101E is a wonderful treatment that suits not only oily skin but to all types of skin. It is a combination of natural herbs that cure your acne and diminishes excess oil without harming your skin and overall health. It is completely safe and free of any side effects. 101E Acne Getaway reduces the excess oil on your face and takes care of your skin’s health and glow. Start using it today and notice visible results in just 7 days. It will get you oil- free, clean and blemish less skin. Guaranteed!
Constant breakouts may indicate that you have acne or another skin condition. Contact your dermatologist for medical advice and guidance.