If one has dry skin, it goes without saying that such skin requires extra attention and some dry skin care tips that help coping up the situation before it turns worst. Not only is dry skin comfortless with its tightness, but it is also awkward when such skin starts flaking and looks extremely harsh or rough.
Nevertheless, many causes of such skin are not because of the problems with the skin or the way it has been treated. According to many skin care (cosmetologists) professionals, somewhere between 15-20% of a general practitioners’ patients come from the skin diseases!
Reasons for dry skin include a variety of conditions such as too much sun, windburn, harsh soaps and cleansers, aging and even diet. Insufficient water can dry your skin overnight. Start working on dry skin problems by increasing your water intake. Follow our skin care tips for the treatment for dry skin, so you can take care of your skin properly and arrive moisturized.
Causes of Dry Skin:
- Environmental factors like less humidity, cold, use of excess make-up, sun exposure, use of harsh soaps and pollution
- Nutrient deficiencies deficiency of vitamin E, A and B cause dry skin
- Skin problems like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Less supply of oil by the oil glands to the skin
Home Remedies for Dry Skin:
In order to counter the problem of dry skin associated with winter weather, follow these simple, self-care measures to prevent or reduce the consequences of dry air.
- Massage the face with almond oil or olive oil every night before going to bed.
- Massaging the skin with grapeseed oil. In severe cases of dry skin caster oil or avocado oil is highly beneficial.
- Prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice.
- Apply this well prepared mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before taking bath.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
- For dry and chapped lips the best home remedy for dry skin is to massage lips with a little cream of milk by adding few drops each of rose water and lime juice every night before going to bed.
- After bathing applying Aloe Vera gel is also effective.
- Mash half an avocado and mix it with a few drops of fresh lime juice and spread this paste over the cleansed skin. Stay it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash the skin alternately both with cold and warm water.
- Mix 2-5 tablespoons of raw peanuts with milk and make a fine paste. Add ¼ teaspoon of honey to this paste. Apply this paste on face. Leave this paste to dry.Then wash with cold water.
- Before bathing add 5-6 drops of oat extract or lavender oil to the bathtub.
- Make a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey for moisturizing and cleaning the face.
- Fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin A and B should be included in the diet.
Check with a doctor if you have irritated, red or scaly skin. You could have a serious condition requiring medical treatment.