Honey, the natural amber-colored sweetener that lends a moistness and rich flavor to cakes and cookies, provides many benefits as a chemical-free skin care product. It is not only healthy when consumed, but also very beneficial to your skin. Its beauty and medicinal benefits have been known to humankind for centuries. Honey as a basic ingredient in a facial mask furnishes many skin care remedies.
Honey helps to cure acne, scars, wounds, wrinkles and even dry skin. Also, if you have allergies, try a patch test first and/or ask you physician if raw honey is a right for you. Find out what benefits honey has to offer in skin care.
The Skin Care Benefits with Honey
- Honey is high in vitamin C, a variety of B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid, as well as minerals such as potassium. It is rich in amino acids, the basic building blocks of life, essential to our very existence. Which are wonderful beauty aids that nourish the skin.
- Honey has humectant qualities; as a result, it can be used as a moisturizer in many cosmetic preparations. It not only attracts water but also retains it in the skin, so the skin remains supple and elastic. It also protects against wrinkles and dryness.
- Honey is also antiseptic. When honey is diluted with water, it produces hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is an antimicrobial agent and is used as a mild antiseptic. Honey is useful in treating cuts, wounds, and abrasions.
- To use raw honey as a mask, simply cleanse your skin, put a layer of honey on your face, and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. The heat from your skin can make it thin out, so raw honey works best.
- Honey will protect, rejuvenate, moisturize and soften the skin so it will look and feel healthy. There are many ways in which honey benefits the skin and that is why it is so popular in skin care products manufactured of homemade.
- Honey is a well known antibacterial and antifungal agent. It helps disinfect and speed the healing process in wounds, scrapes and burns.
- Honey is a good cleanser for skin. It soak ups impurities from the pores of the skin, leaving your skin clear and clean.
- Honey face masks recipes: Due to number of skin benefits of honey, it is used as an ideal ingredient in facial masks recipes. Honey is a natural remedy to many skin problems.
If no product works for you, it may be time to go natural with honey. No matter your skin type or the state of your skin, honey is a great product to incorporate.