Lips are the important portion of your face which really needs a special care. Because lips are one of the most sensitive part of body to be taken care off, as they get much dry in winter season as compared to other parts of body.
Winter is that season which requires skin care of complete body and a special care of your face. Lips have an extremely thin outer layer and few oil-producing glands, which can lead to excessive dryness. Dry chapped lips are a common problem in winter. Soft and smooth lips figure among the foremost indicators of physical beauty. The skin on lips lack oil glands; hence they tend to get dry and cracked easily. The most important step you can take to achieving the sexiest lips ever is to protect them from the sun. The best protection against sun damage is a water resistant lip balm that keeps lips moist and has an SPF of 15 percent or higher.
If you want healthy lips always apply a sunscreen to your lips with a minimum of SPF 15. Dip a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This increases moisture level on skin of lips. Remove your lipstick before going to bed using a herbal cleanser and apply a thin layer of ghee on and Do not lick lips repeatedly. Collagen is a protein that prevents wrinkle development around the lips. Constant exposure to the sun can lead to undesirable and premature aging. Around 92 per cent of women use lipstick each day. Lip balms with sunscreen should be applied a ½ hour prior to sun exposure and then reapplied throughout the day. Extreme weather can also lead to chapped and flaking lips. To keep lips supple, exfoliate them gently with a soft toothbrush and a lip exfoliator.
- Your lips should be moistened at any time of the day and at night even. Buy some lipcare sticks or balsams and let one of them to be at your home, the second – in your purse and one more – in your pocket.
- While choosing the care means, please, give your preference to the ones containing hyaluronic acid. As for balsams, it’s better to avoid using the ones with glycerin, petrochemical products, alcohol, menthol or retinol till summer. They will dry your tender skin of lips up.
- In winter it would be good to decline using decorative lipstick, especially the permanent means. Some of lipstick components occlude the skin pores. If you still put decorative lipstick on, then do not forget to put nourish balsam on before lipstick. This will prevent your lips from dryness and exfoliation.
- In winter visagistes recommend to use lip glosses because many of them contain softening oils. This way your lips receive deserving care in addition to their fabulous colors.
- Once a week apply scrub on your lips. The one you apply on your face will suit perfectly. Here is the exemplary recipe for peeling: mix 2 teaspoons of semolina with a half-spoon of honey and massage lips gently with mixture. You may massage your lips with a soft tooth-brush instead of honey and semolina. This procedure will help your lips to get rid of keratinized cells.
Some Useful Tips for Healthy Lips in This Winter
- Always apply a sunscreen to your lips with a minimum of SPF 15.
- Massaging lips with ghee (clarified butter) and leaving a thin layer of it on lips overnight acts as a natural protection for lips.
- Repeatedly apply herbal moisturizing lotion on lips.
- Apply a thin coat of natural balm on your lips before applying lipsticks.
- Dip a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This increases moisture level on skin of lips.
- Do not lick lips repeatedly.
- Dip small cotton gauze in warm clarified butter (ghee) and place it on lips for 20 minutes.
- Remove your lipstick before going to bed using a herbal cleanser and apply a thin layer of ghee on.
- Exfoliate the lips every week with a stiff tooth brush and a drop of honey.