Did you know that there are several simple, everyday things that cause skin aging? Aging skin isn’t just caused by not wearing sunscreen, although that is one of the major culprits. Are you tired of covering up the signs of aging? Want to change your lifestyle to slow down the aging process instead?
Read our anti aging tips for your skin and see if you really are doing everything you can to look your youngest.
The Most Effective Skin Aging Care Tips
- Cream moisturizer: Applying a small dose of face cream to the face and neck area each night before bed goes a long way for wrinkle prevention. Many options are available that can additionally reduce the appearance of existing lines and help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Juice it up: Of course, coupling a balanced and nutritious diet with regular exercise is essential to good health. But did you know that some foods are recommended specifically for their anti-aging properties? Fruits and vegetables like apples, cucumbers, carrots and kale are all rich in phytonutrients, which can improve your health and protect you from disease.
- Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week with a facial wash, scrub or peel that contains glycolic or lactic acid (both alpha hydroxy acids) removes dead cells from the skin’s surface and allows new ones to emerge.
- You need sunscreen all day, everyday, rain or shine. The ultraviolet rays that reach the earth are UVA and UVB. On a cloudy day, some of the UVB rays are filtered out so you may not burn as easily.
- Take a multi-vitamin: These are not just for children anymore. It seems that once you reach the age of 9, it’s forgotten how beneficial a daily multivitamin can be. Look for ones that are specially designed for your age and sex, as men and women (old and young) have different needs from nutrition.
- Laser is an acronym that stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Basically it’s a machine that gives off light that is amplified and has a specific target, such as blood, melanin or water.