Juicing helps your weight loss efforts in a number of ways. First, if you drink fresh juice before a meal, it may help curb your appetite. Also, the nutrients get absorbed into your cells quickly, which may help your body realize that it has gotten the nutrition it needs, telling your brain stop the “eat” signals.
Because fresh juice is so high in vitamins and minerals, drinking it gives you so much energy you will be able to increase your activity. And substituting fresh juices for sodas or chemical-laden diet products will make you feel like a million bucks.
All that being said, juice does have a lot of calories (fruit juice at any rate), and so you should be aware of that, because for any lasting weight loss, you must learn how to change your habits for the long haul.
The biggest plus of a juicing for weight loss program is that it adds valuable, bio-available micro-nutrients with a wealth of health benefits at a minimal calorie cost, with no dietary fat. You will be downing highly concentrated health cocktails brimming with all the enzymes, vitamins, and minerals necessary for vitality and a healthy immune system. This facilitates optimal functioning of all your body systems.
Consumers are very aware of the side-effects of appetite suppressants, but often feel that they have no other option. Fresh vegetable juice acts as a healthy, harmless appetite suppressant and craving curber, and is therefore without equal in a diet and nutrition program. By juicing for weight loss, you can opt for a glass of fresh juice before your main meal, and experience rapidly diminishing hunger.
Vegetable juice can also play an important role in stabilizing blood sugar levels, a vital factor in nutrition and good health. The sugar percentage is much lower than that of fruit juices and the calorie count is up to 50% less, yet the juice succeeds in satisfying a sweet tooth every time. This makes juicing for weight loss an absolute pleasure. Experiment with carrot or a combination of carrot and parsley juice when a craving hits you, and the juice jolt will give it a knock-out before you know it! Just don’t concentrate too much on sugar-laden fruits in the process.
benefits of Juicing for Weight Loss
- Rapid weight loss – people report losing up to a pound or more per day!
- Juicing can help heal your body from a wide variety of illnesses
- Juicing gives you complete micro-nutrition including the vitamins and minerals needed for health and vitality
- Juicing teaches your taste buds to enjoy more nutritious foods
- It teaches discipline, which in turn can help you overcome sugar, carb, fat, alcohol and caffeine cravings
- People who juice fast occasionally have been shown to enjoy higher concentration capability
Juicing for Weight Loss
- Drink fresh juice before a meal two times a day.
- Use vegetables with fruits to keep the calories low.
- Always serve juice immediately after making it. It loses its nutrients quickly.
- Use the pulp from your juice to bulk up cooked foods or baked products like muffins (I like to use pineapple pulp in my muffins, it makes them moist and tender). Use it like you would applesauce in any baking situation.
- Vegetable pulp can be added to meatloaf, lasagna, casseroles, or stews.
- Use the juice to make homemade salad dressings.
- Citrus fruits should be peeled, but leave the pith (white part) on, as it contains many nutrients.
- Leafy greens like spinach or kale can be wrapped around harder fruit, like apples, to get through the juicer easily.
- Lemons and limes are very alkalizing and anti inflammatory foods. Use them with apples for a tangy, healthy apple juice.
- Ginger is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. A half-inch piece in your juice gives it a nice spicy note.