Fitness isn’t so easy. That’s why there’s this page to guide you through nutrition and health tips. Even if you’re lucky enough to be able to set aside time to work out, things like school holidays, childhood illnesses, and workday crises have a way of eating up these extra hours along with our best intentions. Here are some simple ways to stay in shape, little tips and tricks with your workout and diet to keep you in those size 8 skinny jeans.
The Great Ways to Stay in Shape
- Community Yoga: Oftentimes, you can find a local yoga studio or two that offer free community yoga classes at least once a week. Take advantage. Stretch, breathe, and enjoy being a part of your local community.
- Dancing: This just keeps getting better. An hour’s dancing (apparently) burns around 200 calories. Rather stay away from the beer as you don’t want all your moves to go wasted.
- Walking: Walking for 30 minutes a day can help you lose weight, control your blood sugar, and lower your cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, strolling through nature is relaxing. When it’s cold outside, try mall-walking or walking at a local indoor track.
- Cardio: Doing cardio is central to any workout routine. Just like weights, you need to keep your body guessing. Mix up your cardio routine often. Do not stick to just running or biking. Try a variety of cardio machines or cardio classes.
- Make Time for Exercise: Even if you’re sneaking in exercise, you’ll still have to set time aside a few days a week for your no-muffin-top maintenance routine. Unlike when you were trying to lose weight, you won’t have to work out at the gym every day, but rather just a few times a week.
- Pull young children in a wagon through the neighborhood. Or give them a ride in a jogging stroller.
- Stay on track. If you get distracted and forget to exercise one day, just make sure you do it the next day. The same thing if you pig out one day at a party, just continue eating well the next day.
- Try to drink cold drinks rather then warm drinks before doing your sport; cold drinks do not cause cramps and are more refreshing then warm drinks.
- Skip Fast Food: Whenever you’re tempted by that double Whopper with cheese, remember that one value meal, with burger, fries, and a soda, contains all of the calories you’re supposed to eat in one day, most of them from fat.
- Find the high-energy items on your to-do list and tackle these when you need physical activity. Think about washing the car, digging the garden, mowing the lawn, or reorganizing a closet.
Staying in shape is not a diet or training, it is a lifestyle. By slowly changing your habits one day at a time you will be able to stay in shape and look fabulous.