Everyone these days wants to lose weight fast. Perhaps it’s those extra pregnancy pounds that just aren’t coming off despite all the nursing in the world. Maybe it’s the midlife spreading waste line. Or maybe you’ve always just been a little bit overweight.
A single tablespoon of this vegetable oil contains about 120 calories and nearly 14 grams of fat. Coconut oil is high in saturated fat, and as common wisdom dictates, the body is better off without large amounts of saturated fat. This type of fat can increase your cholesterol level and cause an increase in bodily fat.
Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on pancreases, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight. Hence, people living in tropical coastal areas, who eat coconut oil daily as their primary cooking oil, are normally not fat, obese or overweight.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
- Supports your thyroid function increasing your metabolism with up to 25%. If you are struggling with a low metabolism, you’ve probably heard that sluggish thyroid is one reason why you might be unable to lose weight, no matter what you do.
- Boosts your energy and physical endurance allowing you to increase your activity level, it makes you lean, active, and energetic – that’s why even athletes blend it into their power shakes.
- Allows you to go for several hours without eating or feeling hungry – without any of the common symptoms associated with low blood sugar levels. As a result, you will gradually lose weight with much less effort.
- Makes you burn more calories and is especially good if you are on a low-carb diet or have any blood sugar problems, as insulin is not involved in its digestion.
Uses of Coconut Oil for Lose Weight
- Purchase Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Of course, me being curious, I gave it a try and lost 7 pounds the first week. Coconut oil raises your metabolism which aids in you burning more fat. Take one tablespoon in the morning and one tablespoon in the afternoon. You can also purchase this in pills form if you can’t stomach just eating the coconut oil by the spoonful. (I took it by the spoon because its gets in your system faster.)
- If you don’t want to take the pills or eat it directly, you can substitute it for cooking or just simply eat foods with coconut as much as possible. Try recipes like coconut shrimp, coconut pudding and if you fry alot, just fry your foods in coconut oil.
- Some other health benefits of coconut oil are: lowers cholesterol, helps with immunity with Cancer and HIV, aids in digestion. Helps with high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Add coconut oil slowly to your diet by increasing your intake by 1 tsp. each day.
- Be sure to buy only pure virgin coconut oil from a reputable source.