Acne is not an only teenage problem. It can occur at any age. While acne is a much generalized term used to describe the warts, pimples and bumps that afflict our skin, there are different types of acne and each needs a different way to treat the condition. If you’re looking for ways to treat hormonal acne and improve the condition of your skin overall, I highly suggest that you check out these some tips to treat hormonal acne!
Best Natural Hormonal Acne Treatment
- Almond oil: Almond oil is another natural ingredient that contains antioxidants and is used to cure hormonal acne, Almond oil helps soothe the skin and give it a smooth and natural glow.
- A good way to treat hormonal acne is to eat a clean diet. Cut out sugar, white flour, hydrogenated fats, etc. and start eating more whole foods. Your diet makes a huge difference in the condition of your skin so it’s definitely worth the effort!
- Tea tree oil provides anti-infection qualities that offer similar effects to benzoyl peroxide, a main ingredient in commercial preparations, according to Cure-Guide.com. In addition to providing anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral agents, tea tree oil works as an expectorant and inhibits inflammation.
- Baking soda not only helps eliminate breakouts and reduces inflammation, it is also an exfoliator and helps remove dead skin cells! Because of this, it also works great to reduce any old scars or acne marks. To use it, just take a few teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with warm water until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to your skin. You may want to leave it on for only 10 to 15 minutes the first few times as it may feel powerful.
- Lemon juice: lemon is known to be an effective anti oxidant, you can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with rosewater on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with water.
- There are tons of benefits to drinking green tea and helping to improve your skin’s condition is just another reason to guzzle green tea. Green tea’s ingredients help fight things like inflammation, increased hormone levels and unstable insulin levels-all of which contribute to hormonal acne!
- Egg whites reduce the oil and minimize your pores in addition to drawing out impurities. To use it, separate the egg white from the yolk, use a cotton ball or you can use your fingers to apply the egg white to your skin. After a few minutes you’ll start to feel it tighten, you can leave it on anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Afterwards, your skin will have an amazing glow!
- Basil leaves: You can rub the basil leaves on the affected area and rinse with water. Basil leaves can also be eaten as a cure for hormonal acne.
No matter what the cause is, there’s no time like the present to try these natural remedies for acne and try to improve your skin to the best it can be. Follow above tips about hormonal acne treatment to control the acne caused by hormonal imbalance.