Do you want to go from a fat belly to a flat belly? Abdominal bloating or carrying unwanted weight around your midsection is often uncomfortable and embarrassing. We all know that the best way to get flat abs is to do abs exercises daily. However, there are a few foods that can help you achieve your fitness goal faster. So what are these foods that you should be eating? As a certified trainer and nutritionist, I have the list of the best foods for flat abs right here.
How To Get Flat Abs With Foods
- Flax seeds are nutritious seeds packed with monounsaturated fats – which are actually a lot more diet-friendly than they sound. Flax seeds provide high levels of fiber and can help to keep the digestive system running smoothly, helping to banish bloating, constipation and other digestive problems. Try adding a tablespoon of freshly ground flax seeds to your morning cereal, lunchtime salad, or homemade smoothie to start enjoying their belly-flattening benefits.
- Almonds: These delicious and versatile nuts contain filling protein and fiber, not to mention vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. They’re also a good source of magnesium, a mineral your body must have in order to produce energy, build and maintain muscle tissue, and regulate blood sugar.
- Berries are low in sugar and rich in antioxidants, and they make a great snack for flat abs. Eat a cup of berries every day to achieve your lean tummy. Berries help boost the digestive process, stabilize your blood sugar and reduce bloating. They can provide lots of energy in the middle of the day or when you work out.
- Salmon: Salmon packs a double punch when it comes to battling belly fat because it contains both omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin D, with wild salmon providing about four times the amount of vitamin D as farmed salmon. The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon and other fatty fish can also help flatten your belly.
- Eggs are an excellent choice because of their amino acids which are the building blocks of your cells. Studies show that having eggs for breakfast can actually help you to eat less and more healthy for the day. So make sure you have some eggs today because this is one of the absolute best foods for flat abs!
- Whole grains are great for weight management and shedding those excess pounds. Not only are they a low-fat source of slow-release energy but, due to their high levels of fiber, they will help to regulate the digestive system and also keep you feeling fuller for longer. Eating whole grains also helps to lower levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and insulin in the body, both of which encourage fat to be stored around the belly.
- Leafy Greens: Their cancer-preventing carotids won’t help shrink your waistline, but their low calorie count definitely will. One cup of spinach contains only about 40 calories, while a cup of broccoli has 55 calories and satisfies 20 percent of your day’s fiber requirement. Most leafy greens are also a good source of calcium, an essential ingredient for muscle contraction. In other words, they help fuel your workouts.
- Nuts are high in fat, but if you consume them in moderation they can help you achieve any weight loss goal. A handful of nuts is an excellent way to get healthy fats that you should be consuming daily. Nuts are rich in protein and fiber which help stabilize your blood sugar and curb your cravings. Incorporate pistachios, walnuts, almonds or any other your favorite nut into your daily diet to get flat abs.
- Olive Oil: Healthful monounsaturated fats found in olive oil could potentially switch on genes related to the burning and storage of fat. Monounsaturated fats also help control blood sugar levels, which play a key role in keeping hunger at bay and reducing fat accumulation around the midsection.
As you can see, these foods for flat abs are healthy and delicious so why not start eating them today? Often small changes bring the biggest results! Remember it. Are you consuming enough of the foods for flat abs?