Holidays bring family and friends together to celebrate traditions and spread good cheer. They also bring lots of opportunities for socializing, eating, and drinking. Even the most disciplined people struggle with temptation during the holiday season. So what’s the harm in a little holiday weight gain, especially if it’s just a pound? The pounds add up year after year, making holiday weight gain an important factor in adult obesity.
That’s a convincing reason to keep your diet in check this holiday season, but don’t just fend off excess chub use certain seasonal factors to your advantage and shed weight by the end of December. There is nothing fun about coming back home with 3 extra kilos, low energy, feeling bloated and round like a snowman. We have found the best tricks to feel better quickly, drop that extra weight fast and stay fit for the rest of the year.
The Most Useful Weight Loss Tips After Holidays
- Drinking water will help you first and most importantly to send that carnival of toxins out of your body. Having from 2 to 2,5 liters of water per day will help you to quickly de-bloat and will also make things move in your digestive system to relieve constipation.
- Bulk up your diet with healthy, fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts. Not only do these foods make you feel fuller – a sensation you probably got accustomed to during the holiday season – most offer vitamins, minerals and nutrients without a heavy caloric impact.
- If you get bored working out solo or you just need someone to help you stay motivated, then find a partner. Workout Buddies are great because they help you commit to your goals. When you’re struggling, your partner is there to help you push through rough patches. So get on Facebook, Twitter, community boards, or ask a neighbor.
- Increase your daily exercise. After the holidays, resume your normal gym routine if you have a membership or join a nearby gym. If your local gym is cost-prohibitive, take one or several walks daily. Walking doesn’t impact your budget and you may gain the added benefit of relaxation by walking in the park, at a lake or around a shopping mall.
- Bring your own food: This is a great tip if you’re heading to a party and don’t know what’s in the food (or how it was prepared). Pick a healthy, low-cal recipe that you can bring. And no matter what kind of food is there, you’ll have at least one dish you can eat with confidence.
- Give your body an extra boost of vitamins and minerals. Juicing can be loads of fun. Grab some of your favorite fruits and veggies to createa custom juice to your liking. You’ll be gulping essential nutrients that you may have skipped over the holidays.
- What better way to get in shape than to sign up for a race? Use this as motivation to find a training plan to help you run strong in your next event. There are hundreds to choose from, so time constraints is not an excuse.