Whether it’s a sign of health, beauty, virility, or movie star status, a flat stomach is something that many people all over the world crave. Exercises that strengthen your core will tighten and tone your abs for a flatter appearance, but any excess fat around your belly will require losing overall body fat. Here’s seven ways to get a flat belly without resorting to a whalebone corset.
How To Get a Tight Stomach for Ladies
- Eat healthy and watch your calorie intake. You can’t choose where your body loses fat, so the only way to a flatter stomach is through overall weight loss. If you cut just 500 calories from your diet each day, this can result in 1 pound of fat loss per week because 1 pound is equivalent to 3,500 calories.
- Eating your fruits and veggies is one of the best ways to get a tight stomach! Aim for 4-6 vegetables and 2-4 fruits per day to boost your immunity and your fiber intake. Eat an apple a day since apples have pectin which lower cholesterol. Apples are also a natural appetite suppressor.
- Cardio exercises are best as they will heat up your core temperature and improve circulation, both of which will aid in acquiring a flat stomach.
- Do cowboy crunches daily. Cowboy crunches are an advanced exercise that engages the entire core to tighten and tone your upper and lower abdominals.
- Build up your glutes. Since you are going for bulk here, focus on moves that work your gluteal muscles hard. At home, do squats while holding a dumbbell or can of soup in each hand for added resistance.
- Start your day with protein by eating 4 hardboiled egg whites with your breakfast. This will boost your metabolism to start your day! High-protein foods take more work to digest, metabolize, and use, which means you burn more calories processing them.
- To get a flat stomach you should eat many small meals throughout the day. Eat just enough until you feel full; don’t overeat, and know which flat-belly foods actually work!
Drinking fruit juice may seem healthy, but it usually contains just as much sugar as fizzy drinks. If you like juice, try making it yourself. Don’t skip meals or starve yourself. It’ll only lead to weight gain in the longterm.