Age spots can happen to everyone. Age spots, also known as liver spots, typically appear on the face, hands, shoulders, forearms and other areas of skin regularly exposed to the sun. Usually age spots appear on skin of people who are over 40 years old. But sometimes age spots can form on your skin eve if you’re young. Anti aging skin care is very important for everyone who wants to eliminate age spots naturally.
Get Rid of Age Spots Naturally
- One of the natural ways to get rid of these spots is to apply a little lemon juice to your spots every morning before your day moisturizer, and at bed before your evening night cream. Applying this twice a day is very important and is the most effective, and results will be given in 14 days. The best way to apply the lemon juice is with a cotton ball.
- Rub a piece of fresh pineapple over age spots to gently lighten their appearance. Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which is a mild bleaching agent suitable for reducing age spots.
- Mash up mint leaves and cucumber. Make a paste and apply it to the face. Leave on for 15 minutes, then wash off. Apply this mask twice a week.
- Vinegar is a very effective, cheap and readily available natural way to get rid of age spots. Because vinegar contains acidic acid, it helps to lighten the areas of the skin that it is applied. For best results mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and onion juice and apply to the age spot daily with a cotton bud.
- Apply plain buttermilk, an old folk remedy for age spots, directly to the affected area once or twice per day to get rid of age spots. Buttermilk contains lactic acid, which gently exfoliates pigmented and sun-damaged skin while mildly bleaching.
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to age spots to help reduce their appearance. Aloe vera contains chemicals that gently remove dead skin cells and encourage the growth of new, healthy cells. Apply once or twice per day until you achieve the desired results.
- Castor oil has excellent healing properties for the body, both internally and externally, and many people have used it to get rid of age spots. All you need to do is rub a small amount on the age spot each night and with continual use the age spot will lighten and eventually disappear naturally.
- Mix two teaspoons of tomato juice and four tablespoons of buttermilk. Apply to the face and leave for 20 – 30 minutes, then wash off.
- Grate an onion and squeeze it through cheese cloth so that you have one teaspoonful of onion juice. Mix with two teaspoons of vinegar and rub the mixture into your spots. Do this two times a day until the spots disappear. Refrigerate leftover juice.
- Combine equal parts honey and plain, whole yogurt to create a mild, natural bleach that may lighten skin spots when used regularly. Apply directly to the skin, allow the mixture to dry for at least 30 minutes, then rinse clean with warm water. Repeat once per day for the best results.
- Vitamin-e oil because it is an antioxidant, Vitamin E oil can help neutralise free radicals in the body that are responsible for skin damage. Using this oil on the skin after it has been exposed to the sun is a very effective way to stop age spots forming and prevent existing age spots from getting darker.
- Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and junk foods. All of these contribute to aging and affect your skin negatively. Drink fresh juices it’s is good for your skin care.
- Buy a can of garbanzo beans and mash about 1/3 cupful with a little water to form a smooth paste. Apply the mixture to age spots until it dries. Remove gently with a warm wash cloth. Store the leftover paste in the refrigerator and use this everyday for best results.
- Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, best vegetables, lean protein and grains. Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that fight elements that are damaging to skin cells. Foods that are rich with omega-3 fatty acids, such as oily fish, will also help keep your skin looking younger.